MANANTHAVADY TO TVM
2+2, Volvo Semi Sleeper,AC, Video (41 seats)
About ChalakudyBook online bus tickets to Angamaly By Aadithya Travels
Chalakudy Aadithya Travels is a town and a municipality in the Thrissur district in the state of Kerala, India.
Athirappilly is thirty kilometres from Chalakudy. NH47 passes through the town. This is the main route to Sabarimala via MC road — Angamaly ,Muvattupuzha to Kottayam.
The name "Chalakudy" is derived from the word "Shalakudy", meaning a place where sacrifices are made. The best season to visit Chalakudy is December to March and also in monsoon season. The town is also famous for it's ever increasing liquor demand, breaking market records every season.
Interesting places around Chalakudy
* Chalakudy River (half a kilometre from town, to the south on NH-47 highway); it has one of the highest fish diversities in kerala(second in the whole India)
* In Chalakudy, KANNAMPUZHA Temple - An Ancient Devi temple situated in the heart of the town.
* SRI VELUPPILLY DHARMASHAASTHA Temple - A famous Ayyappa Temple, Annanad, Chalakudy.
* CHALAKUDY SREE KRISHNA KSHETRHAM, Chalakudy.
* In Chalakudy, St. Mary's Forane Church(It's in south junction) - It is a pilgrimage centre.It has Grotto and Holy Land.(Lifesize tableau of biblical scenes in the life of Jesus Christ).
* Divine Retreat Centre, Muringoor. (Largest retreat in the world) (Meloor gramapanchayath) 2 km from Chalakudy town
* In Chalakudy, Korattymuthy's Marian Pilgrimage Travel Destination and Rosary Village at about 5 Kms. away.
* In Chalakudy, Dream World Water Theme Park (10 km east of Town; en route to the Athirappally water falls).
* In Chalakudy, Thumboormuzhy Check Dam & Garden (15 km east of Town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls).
* In Chalakudy, Oil palm Plantation (17 km from Town; en route to the Athirappilly waterfalls.
* In Chalakudy, Athirappilly Waterfalls (33 km east of Town).
* Ezhattumukham (7 km from Athirappilly; on the Angamaly route via Vettilappara bridge),20 km from chalakudy town(Muringoor-Ezhattumugham PWD road via Meloor, Poolany).
* In Chalakudy, Charpa Falls ( The enchanting but lesser known Charpa falls, which plunges on to the road during the monsoon, is a sight to watch and enjoy.) (31 km east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
* In Chalakudy, Vazhachal falls and Resorts (35 km east of Town; after Athirappilly waterfalls).
*In Chalakudy, Anakkayam ( About 37 km from Chalakudy on the Athirappilly route, Anakkayam means the "Elephant pit". It is noted for a lake with cool and placid waters. The place is a forest untouched by human encroachments and is a haven for those who wish to escape from concrete jungles. It attracts the visitor with its bubbling streams, natural rock formations and flora).
* In Chalakudy, Peringalkuthu Hydro Electric Project Dam (36 km from Town; in the direction of the Athirappilly water falls).
* In Chalakudy, Sholayar Dam Hydro Electric project.
* In Chalakudy, Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary.
* In Chalakudy, KINFRA Industrial Park, Konoor Road, Koratty
* Kannampuzha Temple,Chalakudy
* Sreedharamangalam Temple, Chalakudy.
* Marathompilli SreeKrishna Swami Temple, Chalakudy.
* Marathompilli SreeBharatha Swami Temple,Chalakudy.
* In Chalakudy, Chirangara Temple, Koratty
* In Chalakudy, Chittarickal Temple, Koratty
* In Chalakudy, St. Mary's church Koratty
* In Chalakudy, St. Antony's Church Perambra -Thrissur
* In Chalakudy, Fatima Matha Church Vellanchira
* In Chalakudy, Sree Subrahmanya swami temple, Poolany. It is famous for "Kavadiyattam" in February 1 week
* KOTHESWARAM Temple- An ancient SHIVA Temple in NAYARANGADY, 6km from chalakudy
*In Chalakudy, Mathama para -one big rock on the top of a hill in nayarangady
If you are inetersted in road drives, can use the road from chalakudy (State Highway 21) which leads to Pollachi via Valppara. This road passses through one of the thickest forest in India. the best enjoyable time is during end of monsoon, but make sure you have some big knifes to cut apart the trees which have fallen accross the roads.
The above places can be connected through Aadithya Travels
About AlapuzhaBook online bus tickets to Alapuzha By Aadithya Travels.
Alappuzha Aadithya Travels also known as Alleppey, is a town in Alappuzha District of Kerala state of southern India. A town with picturesque canals, backwaters, beaches, and lagoons, it was described as the one of the places known as Venice of the East by Lord Curzon. It is the administrative headquarters of Alappuzha District. Though the present town owes its existence to the sagacious Diwan Raja Kesavadas in the second half of 18th century, district of Alappuzha figures in classical Literature. Kuttanad, the rice bowl of Kerala with the unending stretch of paddy fields, small streams and canals with lush green coconut palms, was well known even from the early periods of the Sangam age. History says Alappuzha had trade relations with ancient Greece and Rome in Antiquity and in the Middle Ages, as well as with other parts of India. The famous Chettikulangara temple is at Mavelikkara in Alappuzha district. Arthunkal church and Edathuva church are famous christian worship centres in the district.
Alappuzha Aadithya Travels is now the hub for backwater tourism in Kerala. House boats locally called "Kettuvallam" are available on hire on a daily basis as well as for longer durations to take visitors on the old waterways. These house boats in general have 2 bedrooms and attached bathrooms. Some of the boats have the bedrooms fitted with air conditioners. A routine trip includes food cooked on board in the traditional Kuttanad style. Alappuzha is unique in that it is the only district in Kerala without forest.House Boat, Punnamada Backwaters, Alappuzha
The main cultural and spiritual events of Alappuzha are Chambakkulam Moolam boat race, Chettikulangara Bharani and Nehru Trophy boat race.
The picturesque CSI Christ Church in Alappuzha town was built in 1818 by the first CMS (Church Missionary Society) missionary to the erstwhile state of Travancore, Rev. Thomas Norton. It was the first Anglican Church to be established in Travancore. Famous religious destinations are
Poomkavu Church, Ambalappuzha Sri Krishna Temple, Mannarasala Temple, Harippad, Subhramanya Swamy Temple, Harippad, Puthiyidam Sree Krishna Swamy Temple, Kayamkulam, Chettikulangara Bhagawathy Temple, Mavelikkara, Edathua Church, Champakulam Church, Mullackal Raja Rajeshwari Temple, Kidangamparambu Devi Temple, Sreekrishnaswamy Temple, Mavelikkara, Edamaruthusserril Temple, Puthuppally, Kayamkulam, Varnappalli Temple, Puthuppally, Kayamkulam, Valiyakulangara Temple, Karthikappally, Kalarcode Major Mahadeva Temple, Kandiyoor Siva Temple, Mavelikkara, Pathiyamkulangara Sree Bhagavathi Temple, Thiruvampady Sree Krishna Swami Temple, Vallya Kalavoor Sri Krishna Swami Temple, Kalavoor, Velikkattuthara Devi Temple, Kuttanadu, Govenda, Elangumatom Sri Khnda Karna Swami Temple, Talavadi, Kottankulangara Devi and Maha Vishnu Temple, Mararikkulam Mahadeva (Shiva) Temple, Kanichukulangara Devi Temple, Korthusseril Bhagavathi (Devi) Temple, Thondankulangara MahaDeva Temple.
Alappuzha or Alleppey is famous for its boat races, houseboats, coir products, fish and lakes. Alappuzha remains prominent on the tourist trial of Kerala as one of the major centers for backwater boat trips.
Alleppey or Alappuzha is also known as the "Venice of the East" its was here that traders from across the seven seas came in search of black gold and souvenirs.
Alappuzha or Alleppey is also home to Kuttanad, The rice bowl of kerala, one of the very few places in the world where farming is done below sea level.
Kuttanad is a land of lush paddy fields and stretches for 75 Km sandwiched between the sea and the hills.alleppey backwaters kerala.
Alapuzha is one of the beautiful and peaceful place and is also one of the tourists place which the Aadithya Travels takes you to you.